27 October, 2009

Akashabheri- And What an experience!

Today,for the first time I watched a full length play.And,I have been left drowning in a sea of emotions. The vivid performances,and its impact upon me has been pleasant and profound.
It was a Kannada play-Akashabheri by Ninasan Thirugata. The theme was about two fellow comrades of Bhagat Singh,who reminisce about him. It questions the quality of Freedom we obtained in 1947, in light of Bhagat's views,which were highly idealistic.

Bhagat says-I do not want just freedom. I want a freedom which is obtained in the right way,and not with any compromises. I want a freedom which the future generations will cheerfully enjoy and utilise.

He foresees the chaos which the freedom won on compromises would unleash.He had had the foresight to predict the current condition of India.Bhagat criticises Gandhi-he says, he has the right to do it,as he admires him as well. 


Although,the story of Bhagat Singh and the revolutionaries is well heard and said,this experience of watching it as a play has surpassed the conveyance through any other medium. I seldom get scintillated or am left with goose-bumps while watching movies,neither do I cry often. But,I don't remember how many times I sat in awe with tears in my eyes today. Once,I felt like crying out loud. This is an experience I shall never forget my entire life.
The live music,the choreography,the dialogues, the performances,the theme,and in totality the entire play was impeccable and highly impactful.

I really feel sad that I have been missing such gratifying experiences all this long in my life. I urge all of you to watch atleast one play soon, then you'll know what is to be done next.

Few of my friends used to talk about movies as some sort of mediocre product when compared to Plays,and now I myself am on a path of revelation of this fact i guess.

2 comments:

  1. If I am not wrong that day u shared this experience with me... cool... I am foreseeing to experience it very soon... :) :)
    I wonder y tat day, tears rolled down as soon as u left... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely let you know when a good one will be playing smiley :)
    And smiley,I too realized that I was missing you and your 'super-jovial' company :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails