19 November, 2009

Race between Freud and Che !


Two of the most adamant revolutionaries the world has known- Sigmund Freud and Che Guevara. This post will be the first of many I would be compelled to write about these two 'men',Nah!Two eternal minds.Although both were relevant to different fields-the inner core of their life was the same "Groundbreaking Ideas and a pathbreaking Journey".

I have already been admiring Freud for long time,although haven't read him entirely. I felt then that I required to groom myself a bit more mentally,to be able to comprehend and contemplate him. I had started with his most famous work-Interpretation of Dreams and paused the read after reading about 30% of it.

And about Che. I wasn't aware of him,until a mentor of mine happened to mention him,and talked passionately about him. I have since then tried to collect information about him,and have been left astounded by his ideas and his revolutionary life.

But,now my mind is simultaneously craving for both the greats. When I am reading Freud,I want to get more of Che. And while being immersed in the ocean of ideas of Che,I feel like drowning into Freud. This contention is driving me to get more of both the Mavericks.

People like Freud and Che are definitely a rarity.We need to fulfill their purpose of life by reading them,and trying to play our role in fulfilling their 'ideas'.

PS: We should not mourn for men of high ideals. Rather we should rejoice that we had the privilege of having had them with us, to inspire us by their radiant personalities.
~ Indira Gandhi ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails