13 July, 2010

Namma Bengaluru Fooooood Strreeet


Firstly, I feel it strongly necessary to admonish myself for being this naive, and it embarrasses me; After being born and brought up in Bengaluru, I haven't visited numerous  places which are worth visiting. And, one such important place is the Food Street in VV Puram.

With the latest tagging of "Foodie" to my profile,I had to visit it and I did stumble there in an unprepared manner ( after dinner!). There was so much, but so little I could eat. I promised myself that I'd avenge this act of cowardice by me, by throwing full assault on this place ASAP.

For those of you who have been as shamelessly ignorant as me, the Food Street is operational from 6 in the evening to just after 11 in the night( given the cops' issue)... Another important point is, you do not get anything non-vegetarian! But, even if you are as a voracious non-vegetarian like me, you're appetite will certainly shoot up and you might end up putting a pound or more in a single visit :) !


Authentic Kannada cuisine ( benne dose, chiroti, ...)  to North Indian( dabeli, pav bhaji, basundi...), each item available is a delicacy and has a legacy of it's own.

Heavy on calories, but light on pockets, Sublime taste with bees like people buzzing around, aroma of mixed cuisines going olfactorily offensive against you, flooding saliva down your oesophagus, and a festival to your taste buds; This is the default experience for anyone who loves food at Namma Fooood Sttrreeeet :)

2 comments:

  1. Oooooooooooo!!! Last paragraph is beauifully framed. :) Kudos to you... Brilliant Buddy... Gr8...After a very long time I got to read your blog... Its worth a time... I just loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should all go there sometime ... It's so much fun smiley...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails