30 January, 2012

Classic Incantations - A concert of confluence

AR Rahman's music is that undercurrent in my life which interleaves most of my memorable memories and important instances. His music is not just a means of recreation to me, it is where my rationality fades and I know of one thing but surrendering to his notes.

Today happened to be an excellent opportunity to rejuvenate my Rahmanism, and witness a German orchestra - Babelsberg perform some of his best pieces. The concert was in commemoration of the Indo-German relationship, and aptly the German orchestra performed to AR Rahman.

Although ARR was not at the venue, he did peek in via web chat and greeted the audience.

The impact live music leaves one with is unimaginable, and if the music is something you already relish it elevates the experience one level ahead. Although this I can't claim to be the best live music experience I've had, it did leave me with goosebumps most of the time, and ecstatic at the end of the performance.

My first live experience of a soprano happened today, and after today's brief rendezvous with soprano, I only ask for more of it. If there is one composition by ARR that I have always longed to listen to live in a symphony orchestra it is the opening music of the title track of Rajni starring Muthu. And it was scintillating, as expected!

The exotic theme music of Roja, Bombay, Lagaan, Subash Chandra Bose, 127 hours, Robot, Passage, Mangal Pandey,  Warriors of Heaven & Earth, Lord of the Rings, Elizabeth, Meenaxi and Slumdog Millionaire were performed. Each one leaving behind a repertoire of emotions :-)

The last performance, which enchanted the 8000 strong audience was the theme from Swades. Although my favorite portions from the movie soundtrack are different than the one performed it precisely showed the power of an orchestra! Just splendid!

My monotony was undone, and I feel full to the brim :-)



2 comments:

  1. Visio 2010 download through data-driven dynamic visual effects to give your chart vitality. Integrate Visio 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Microsoft visio 2010 the Process Repository, storage, sharing and reuse of business process diagrams and subprocesses. Visio 2010 can obtain a clear and complete view of information related to your business Microsoft visio 2010 download usually requires high-level perspective and detailed data. Visio 2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.
    Orkestra is awesome, I like visual effect

    (nice your blog), and this is my blog aprianto-sport.blog.com please visit ok, thanks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails